The bathroom of your home is a small room than can have a big impact.
Not only is it a practical space for…well, you know…but it’s also an area of your home that can typically be updated relatively easily and inexpensively. Sure, if you have a taste for marble and jetted tubs, upgrades can get pretty pricey, but a modern, efficient toilet, new countertops, or even a fresh coat of paint can go a long way in making your bathroom look like new!
Some bathroom upgrades to consider…
- Add Storage – Whether you take advantage of vertical space, add cabinetry, or swap out the vanity, increasing the storage available in this small but oh-so-important room can increase the practicality and appeal of the space.
- Choose a Focal Point – If your bathroom design is blah, consider adding a standout piece, such as a vintage vanity, designer tile floors, a grand clawfoot tub, or a unique faucet to give the space a special, memorable touch.
- Refresh Metal Elements – Faucets, handles, knobs, and showerheads can date a bathroom like no other, even if they’re functioning just fine. If you can spring for replacements (which are not as costly as you might think), you may get the added benefit of improved efficiency and a fresh install. But you can also simply spray paint vanity hardware and door handles to upgrade outdated metals. Brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, and copper are especially popular right now.
- Spring for Efficiency – Water-efficient faucets, toilets, and showerheads can not only freshen up the space, but will help reduce water consumption. And you don’t have to sacrifice appearance to be more eco-friendly, as there are many stylish WaterSense models and looks to choose from.
- Tuck Away the Toilet – For many years, toilets seemed to be the center piece of bathrooms, but in an age where families may be sharing space for their morning and evening routines, having a toilet that is either in a small room-within-a-room with a door, separate from the sink area, or even just behind a half wall can create a more functional flow.
Looking to make some bathroom upgrades in Mesquite, TX and surrounding areas? Call our expert plumbers at (214) 534-1468 and we’ll ensure that your beautiful new faucet, toilet, tub or shower are installed properly.